Using energy efficiently can save us money and help the environment.
By following the Utility Warehouse tips below, you could save even more money by reducing the amount of energy you use.
- A well insulated building is cheaper to heat.
- Draught-proofing windows and doors is very cost effective.
- Effective loft insulation: the minimum level of loft insulation is 270mm, but the more you have the more energy you will save.
- Cavity wall insulation can reduce the amount of heat lost through your walls.
Water heating tips
- Insulate your hot water cylinder and water pipes. Lagging jackets need to be at least 80mm (three inches) thick to be effective.
- Ensure lights are switched off in empty rooms, and adjust curtains and blinds to let in as much light as possible.
- Replace light bulbs with low energy light bulbs.
- Turn your thermostat down. Reducing your room temperature by 1 degree celsius could cut your heating bills by up to 10%.
- Place foil behind radiators fitted onto outside walls.
This Advice is Courtesy of the Utility Warehouse discount club
I am pleased to announce that I am now an Independent Distributor for the Utility Warehouse (watch Terry Wogan explain).
You may not have heard of Utility Warehouse before – that’s the secret to saving lots of money! The company does not advertise in the national press or on TV. Instead, it relies on personal recommendation; satisfied customers and Independent Distributors letting their friends, family and colleagues know about the savings they have made. The company passes the savings it makes on to its members – by charging less.
Unlike many other utility suppliers, the Utility Warehouse’s award-winning customer service centre is located right here in the UK. So, should you need to contact them, you can rest assured that you will be speaking with a highly trained adviser who will deal with your query personally, professionally and as quickly as possible.
As a member of Utility Warehouse, you SAVE…
- Single supplier for all your utilities
- Award-winning customer service
- Value that’s unbeatable
- Easy to switch
There are also business opportunities for people who would also like to be a Utility Warehouse Distributor. Check out the opportunity.
Join the Club (It’s free to join)
Elizabeth Nyamayaro, Political Scientist (heforshe.org)
Around the world, women still struggle for equality in basic matters like the right to drive and to marry when they choose. But how to enlist everyone, men and women, as allies for change? Meet Elizabeth Nyamayaro, the inventor of the #HeForShe Twitter campaign, which created 1.2 billion conversations about a more equal world. She invites us all to join in as allies in our shared humanity in this 12 minute TEDWomen 2015 Talk. .
Elizabeth Nyamayaro is the founder of Africa IQ, a social impact organisation that promotes Africa’s sustainable economic growth and development, as well as head of UN Women’s blockbuster @HeForShe
Why you should listen
Political scientist Elizabeth Nyamayaro is the senior advisor to the Under Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Women. She has worked at the forefront of Africa’s development agenda for more than a decade in both the public and private sector, and has held positions with UNAIDS, the World Health Organization and the World Bank.
Nyamayaro is founder of Africa IQ, an innovative social impact organisation with a mission to promote Africa’s sustainable economic growth and development. She is also the driving force behind the @HeForShe campaign, which mobilized more than 100,000 men in every country around the globe. The campaign created 1.2 billion Twitter impressions in just one week, rallying men as advocates and change agents in ending the persisting inequalities faced by women and girls globally.