Using energy efficiently can save us money and help the environment.
By following the Utility Warehouse tips below, you could save even more money by reducing the amount of energy you use.
- A well insulated building is cheaper to heat.
- Draught-proofing windows and doors is very cost effective.
- Effective loft insulation: the minimum level of loft insulation is 270mm, but the more you have the more energy you will save.
- Cavity wall insulation can reduce the amount of heat lost through your walls.
Water heating tips
- Insulate your hot water cylinder and water pipes. Lagging jackets need to be at least 80mm (three inches) thick to be effective.
- Ensure lights are switched off in empty rooms, and adjust curtains and blinds to let in as much light as possible.
- Replace light bulbs with low energy light bulbs.
- Turn your thermostat down. Reducing your room temperature by 1 degree celsius could cut your heating bills by up to 10%.
- Place foil behind radiators fitted onto outside walls.
This Advice is Courtesy of the Utility Warehouse discount club